Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Final Reflection


My main goal was to complete my internship hours before internship weeks ended and I did achieve my goal, I did about 6 more hours than what I was suppose to do. After the last 10 weeks I was able to experience life outside school- its very overwhelming and requires commitment. My supervisor was very nice and my relationship with her made me notice that if you want someone to take your job seriously you need to be a hard working employee or volunteer. First I was very freaked out about working at a senior center but once I was working there, I didn't work with seniors at all, I helped with the setting up and things like that. The professional world can be very stressing if you don't stick to it or aren't mature enough to handle things well. Unfortunately my thoughts about college haven't change after internship because I was doing things that were easy to do. The biggest challenge was not being able to go to internship sometimes because of personal reasons but I made up my hours during the spring break.
If I were to start a brand new internship, I would make sure that it has more challenges for me to gain experience and try to do an internship that I would really enjoy doing. A new intern at JASA has to be friendly, hard working and needs to have a lot of patience. I will really miss hearing Karen argue with staff members when it was time to do the food ordering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment